80 Campus Center Way
The 2019 Community Tree Conference will be held at Stockbridge Hall at UMass Amherst on March 5th from 8:45 to 3 pm.
This one-day conference is designed for tree care professionals, volunteers, and enthusiasts including arborists, tree wardens/municipal tree care specialists, foresters, landscape architects and shade tree committee members.
The conference features presenters who will examine how they select trees and other vegetation to address specific scenarios such as public safety and climate change.
· Choosing Trees for Storm Resistance,
· Creating Habitat for Birds in Urban Settings,
· Selecting Trees to Improve Public Health in the City
· Addressing Climate Change at the Local Level:
· Trees in the Urban Landscape, Insects and Disease:
· Strategic Approaches to Managing Threats, and
· Expert Perspectives: Evaluating the Species Selections of Our Panelists.
The conference is sponsored by UMass Extension in cooperation with the UMass Dept. of Environmental Conservation, the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation and the USDA Forest Service’s Urban Natural Resources Institute.
Cost is $95 for first registration, $75/person for each additional registration from the same company.
For more information or to register, go to http://ag.umass.edu/landscape/events/40th-annual-umass-community-tree-conference-species-selection-in-urban-landscape