3855 Dartmouth College
UNH Extension and New Hampshire Timberland Owners Association will hold a Chainsaw Safety and Maintenance workshop for landowners on October 22nd from 9 am to 3:30 pm at the Grafton County Extension Office in North Haverhill NH.
This is a special landowner workshop including basic chainsaw maintenance and care, inspection of personal protective equipment and chainsaws, hazard and situational awareness, chainsaw safety best practices. Participants will receive Instruction and will practice cutting tree “cookies” notches, back-cuts, and bore cutting. Felling and limbing demonstrations and practice for those participants who are ready and approved by instructors.
What to bring:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Hardhat conforming to ANSI #Z89 in good working condition
- Eye protection/face screen that meets ANSI #Z87.1 or higher
- Hearing protection ear muffs, plugs, etc.
- Non-skid steel-toe or composite-toe boots with lug soles or caulks that provide ankle coverage
- Chainsaw chaps that fit from waist to over the top of the boot
- Chainsaw: Chainsaw with working chain break, rear hand guard, throttle interlock system, chain catch peg, pin or stud, anti-vibration/insulation mounts. (If your saw was made by a reputable manufacturer in the last 10 years, then it likely has all these features)
- Tools to perform basic maintenance: screech, files, guides
- Fuel up before you come.
Cost of this workshop is $100 for NHTOA members, $125 for non-members
To sign up for the workshop, call NHTOA at 603 229-9699.
For more information or to register, go to https://nhtoa.org/index.php?option=com_civicrm&task=civicrm/event/info&Itemid=1120&id=316&reset=1