1494 W Pine Grove Road
Penn State Extension will hold a three-day Hardwood Lumber Grading Short Course in Pennsylvania Furnace, PA from October 12th to 14th.
The Hardwood Lumber Grading Short Course will cover and explain the National Hardwood Lumber Association’s hardwood lumber grades and offer hands-on grading. It is designed to benefit anyone involved in the lumber industry who needs a basic understanding of hardwood lumber grades.
Instruction on Wednesday and Thursday will consist of class instruction alternating with hands-on practice with lumber. The participants will study the hardwood lumber rules and practice using the rules on cherry, red oak, white oak, hard maple, soft maple, and ash. Participants will be able to break as needed.
This course is for
- Graders and sawyers
- Those who edge or end trim lumber
- Lumber buyers and rough-mill managers
- Sales representatives
The course will teach:
- Rules for grading hardwood lumber
- Steps for grading hardwood lumber
- How to determine the surface measure of a board
- How to use a lumber ruleCost of this course is $350To register for this course, go to https://extension.psu.edu/hardwood-lumber-grading?j=621005&sfmc_sub=74322827&l=159_HTML&u=14726197&mid=7234940&jb=10&utm_medium=email&utm_source=MarketingCloud&utm_campaign=FORS_2020_SEPT_28_GN_EM_WoodsandWildlifeNewsandNotes&utm_content=FORS_2020_SEPT_28_GN_EM_WoodsandWildlifeNewsandNotes&subscriberkey=0030W00003qskRtQAI