New England Forestry Foundation is holding a Mass Timber, An Important Climate Solution and Economic Opportunity for Central New England and Eastern New York webinar on Friday, October 22 from 2:00 – 3:00 pm EDT.
Mass Timber Dialogue participants produced the webinar to capitalize on momentum from the Dialogue and increase understanding and excitement about the potential for building with mass timber in the region.
- Kathleen (Katie) Theoharides, Secretary of the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, Commonwealth of Massachusetts – will provide an overview of our global and regional climate setting and the need for action.
- Rich Birdsey, Senior Scientist, Woodwell Climate Research Center – will speak about aspects of the region’s forests as part of a climate solution.
- Alec Giffen, Senior Forest Science and Policy Fellow at NEFF – will focus on the region’s forests as potential source material for mass timber.
- Peggi Clouston, Professor of Wood Mechanics and Timber Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Amherst – will talk about elements of building with mass timber as part of a climate solution in the region.
- Robert Perschel, Executive Director, NEFF – will initiate what we hope will stimulate a broader conversation on how to learn more and taking action on using mass timber in the region.
To read or download the Mass Timber Report discussed in this webinar, go to https://www.masstimberregionaldialogue.com/the-report
Register for the webinar at https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_r0ki-06VR3eEN3Xeoe6J4w