14 Mechanic Street
The New England Kiln Drying Association will hold its Fall meeting on November 13th and 14th at the Southbridge Hotel & Conference Center in Southbridge, MA.
The meeting will feature a terrific plant tour at Hull Forest Products in Pomfret Center, CT on the morning of the 13th followed by a Kiln Operator’s Clinic Tuesday after and Wednesday morning.
Technical presentations will include:
· Lumber Handling; Geoff Gannon, TS Manufacturing
· Kiln Controllers, Selection and Use – Expert Panel Presentation and Discussion
· Moisture Meters; Best Selection and Use; Zane Yuhas, Delmhorst
· USDA Inspectors – What do they look for?
· The Science of Burning Wood Chips – pine, mixed hardwood; Dave Nichols
· Drying White Oak Barrel Staves – practical experiences and applications; Terry Connors
· Air Flow for Different Species – Quality, Productive Drying with Energy Savings
· Wood Pellets
For more information, see the NEKDA website at www.esf.edu/nekda