168 Granite Street
The NH Department of Transportation and NH Department of Safety will present a special workshop on June 16, 2021, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Truck Permitting Issues. The workshop will be held at the Fort Mountain Companies, 168 Granite St., Allenstown, N.H.
The workshop will review and help eliminate confusion over axle weight allowances, special permitting for oversize and overweight loads, bridge weight limits and routing, and temporary driveway permitting for logging operations, including:
- Temporary driveway requirements and permitting for logging operations.
- Different types of permits and vehicle certifications:
- The difference between vehicle certification and oversize and overweight permits and who issues and enforces them. What is a supplemental permit, and who issues it? What is a divisible load?
- How to apply for certification and permits. Electronic permitting and signing.
- Axle Weight and Gross Vehicle Weight:
- Weight limitations and restrictions on various axle configurations for oversize and overweight permits and certified loads. Do all trucks with overweight permits have to have a third drive axle to be compliant? What are some appropriate strategies to confirm axle weights using standard truck scales?
- Bridge restrictions, routing and permitting, weather, traffic, or other restrictions.
This is a free event. Please RSVP to the NHTOA office at (603) 224-9699, or email Cheri Birch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited and COVID protocols will be followed.