Highstead, the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Audubon Vermont, and the Northeast Bird Habitat Conservation Initiative will hold four Bird-friendly Forestry webinars this fall focused on best practices in habitat restoration and forestry management for birds in New England, with a focus on at-risk species.
For many landowners, a barrier to managing their forest with birds in mind is understanding where to begin and how to make it financially viable.
Fortunately, there are many NGOs, government agencies, consulting foresters, and other technical assistance providers throughout the northeast ready and able to guide landowners along their forest stewardship journey.
In this webinar, we will hear from representatives of these various groups about the services and learning opportunities they provide:
- Maine Audubon – Sally Stockwell, Director of Conservation
- Mass Audubon- Jeff Ritterson, Field Ornithologist
- Audubon NY- Suzanne Treyger, Forest Program Manager
- Audubon VT- Steve Hagenbuch, Senior Conservation Biologist and Forester
- Rhode Island Woodland Partnership – TBD
- Audubon CT – TBD
- Audubon Mid-Atlantic – TBD
Register for this webinar at https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIsdOmrqjwrEt1pPklxNnI-wGQFdum3JH9K
For more information about the series, see https://highstead.net/insights/new-bird-friendly-forestry-webinars-to-support-new-england-birds/