The Massachusetts Wood Producers Council will hold its winter meeting at the Bluebonnet Restaurant in Northampton on Thursday, February 7th, from 5 to 9:30 pm.
The evening will begin at 5 pm with registration and social hour, followed by the Bluebonnet’s famous buffet dinner at 6. The program will begin at 7 pm.
We’ve lined up a great set of speakers:
· Dr. Jonathan Parrott, Mass DOER, on APS regulations and the impact on the industry
· Felicia Hubacz, Mass DCR, on forest health and invasives
· William Hill, Mass DCR, on forestry on state lands
· Jennifer Fish, Mass DCR, on DCR’s efforts on municipal and private lands
· Charlie Niebling, New England Wood Pellet, on the pellet market
· Jeff Hutchins, on Cross-Laminated Timber and its future markets in Mass
· Jamie Dammann, Pinetree Power, on biomass markets
· Grant Richards, Cook Forest Products (new Wood Producers Council chair) on future plans for the Council
Chris Egan will also provide a legislative update and will discuss a new award.
Timber harvester and forester continuing education credits will be available.
Cost of the dinner is $35 for Forest Alliance members, $45 for non-members
Register online for the meeting by clicking here.
Prefer to do things the old-fashioned way? Download and print a registration form to mail in with a check.
We hope to see you there on the 7th!