Is a stream on your property getting deeper or wider? Are you losing some of your land every time it rains? Have you wondered why your stream banks are changing so rapidly and what you can do about that?
Penn State Extension is holding a series of Backyard Stream Repair webinars on Tuesdays in February and March from 2 to 3 pm ET beginning on February 9th.
Each week the series will present a step-by-step DIY process for homeowners and landowners to prevent erosion of their stream banks and adjacent lands. The techniques are meant to be simple and affordable, and the benefits are wide-ranging
Workshop dates are February 9th, 16th, 23rd, March 2nd and 9th.
Cost of the webinars is $30 for the 5 sessions.
Participants in these workshops will receive a complimentary copy of Penn State’s full-color manual, Simple Solutions for Your Eroding Backyard Stream (United States addresses only). Participants will also secure an invitation to one of several future hands-on field workshops, open only to webinar registrants, which will be offered across Pennsylvania when in-person events resume.
Backyard Stream Repair Benefits
- Improved bank stability and reduced erosion, saving property from washing away
- Added aesthetic property value
- A new sense of place and reduced noise
- Less cost and need for mowing, watering, and fertilizing
- Intercepted and reduced water pollution
- Available habitat for many types of wildlife (butterflies, hummingbirds, frogs, dragonflies, and more)